Bill of Sale
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of Bill of Sale
- Written proof in the form of a receipt or document that serves as confirmation for the transfer of title to personal property.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Contract For Deed (CFD) — Acronym,
- An agreement for sale of property in which the buyer takes possession while making payments, but the seller holds title until full payment is made. Also called a land contract.
- Burden of Proof (BOP) — Acronym,
- The legal requirement to provide enough evidence to win a lawsuit. In civil cases, such as tax court, the burden is decided by the preponderance -- the most -- evidence. Except in cases of tax fraud, the burden of proof in a tax case generally is on the taxpayer.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Agreement of Sale (AOS) — Acronym,
- A document in which a property's buyer and seller approve the price and other terms of the transfer of title.
- Lis Pendens — Definition,
- A legal document giving notice that an action or proceeding is pending in the courts which affects the title to the designated property.
- Housing Discrimination — Definition,
- The illegal practice of discriminating against buyers or renters of dwellings on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability.
- Bill of Sale Deed (BSD) — Acronym,
- Legal Mortgage — Definition, Important,
- The written geographical description of a property as described in the land register.
- Certificate of Occupancy (CO) — Acronym, Important,
➥ Zoning bylaw.
- Authorization by a local government giving permission for someone to live in or use a building that has just been constructed or renovated.
- As is Where is — Definition,
- The buyer must examine the goods or property and buy at his or her own risk.
- Certificate of Title — Definition,
- A written document stating that the title to a piece of property is legally vested in the present owner.
- Legal Description (lgdc) — Abbreviation,
- A way of identifying a piece of property in writing that is acceptable to a court.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Certificate of Sale — Definition,
- An affidavit issued at a judicial or tax sale that entitles the buyer to the deed to the property purchased after court confirmation.