Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- lis pend
- suit pending
Definition of Lis Pendens
- A legal notice or document that informs those involved in a real estate transaction that a pending court proceeding could affect the title to the designated property.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bill of Sale (BS) — Acronym, Important,
- A written document that serves as evidence of the transfer of title to personal property.
- Caveat — Definition,
- A charge or instrument placed on land title.
- To give warning, notice or caution; beware.
- Land Title — Definition,
- The legal document conveying title to a property.
- Legal Description (lgdc) — Abbreviation,
- A way of identifying a piece of property in writing that is acceptable to a court.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Conveyance — Definition,
- A document that transfers a property title.
- To move something.