Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- change of possession
Definition of Conveyance
- To move or transfer something.
- A formal written document that transfers title to property.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Possession — Definition,
- The condition of having signed all the papers at closing and having received keys to the house.
- Something that is owned.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Assignee — Definition,
- A person appointed to acquire (take) an item, such as a property.
- In the insurance industry, an assignee is someone who is assigned ownership of another person's insurance policy.
- Transfer of Title (TOT) — Acronym,
- A document signed by the seller and purchaser transferring ownership, at which time the document is registered against the property.
- Lis Pendens — Definition,
- A legal document giving notice that an action or proceeding is pending in the courts which affects the title to the designated property.
- Bundle of Rights — Definition,
- A set of legal rights that an owner has regarding a property.
- Assignor — Definition,
- Abstract of Title (ab) — Abbreviation,
➥ AB is a common abbreviation for Abstract of Title when used in property listings and real estate classifieds.
- A written history of all the transactions that bear on the title to a specific piece of land. An abstract of title covers the time from when the property was first sold to the present.