Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of Housing Discrimination
- The illegal practice of discriminating against buyers or renters of dwellings on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, family status, or disability.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bill of Sale (BS) — Acronym, Important,
- A written document that serves as evidence of the transfer of title to personal property.
- Contract For Deed (CFD) — Acronym,
- An agreement for sale of property in which the buyer takes possession while making payments, but the seller holds title until full payment is made. Also called a land contract.
- Handicap Accessibility — Definition,
- A measure of how accessible a location, product or service is for people with special needs or disabilities.
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Can save the seller money by forgoing realtor fees.
- An arrangement by which a house's owner tries to sell the house without hiring a real-estate agent. Owners do this to avoid paying a commission.
- Bundle of Rights — Definition,
- A set of legal rights that an owner has regarding a property.
- Sales Contract — Definition,
- A legal written document that details the agreed upon conditions between a seller and a buyer regarding the sale of a specific property. Also called an "Agreement of Sale."
- Predatory Lending (PL) — Acronym, Important,
- Lending practices that are unfair, deceptive or fraudulent.
- Mixed-income Housing — Definition,
- A neighbourhood whose residents earn widely varying wages and salaries.
- Tort — Definition,
- An act that causes harm or loss.