- A community or neighbourhood where the residents earn wages and salaries that vary drastically.
mixed assets housing, mixed revenue housing, mixed class housing
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Active Income — Definition,
- Active income refers to wages, tips, and profits from your business or employment that you partake in. It also includes portfolio income such as interest and dividends, but you cannot usually offset active income with passive losses.
- Amenities — Definition,
- Amenities are features such as green space, playgrounds, community centres, shopping malls, or swimming pools that make a neighbourhood or community more desirable for living.
- Co-housing — Definition,
- Also called cooperative housing and community housing, is an arrangement in which dwelling units have access to a shared space with a large kitchen, dining hall, laundry and children's play areas.
- Earned Income — Definition,
- Money earned through wages, salaries, tips, net earnings (if self-employed), and any other income received for work or personal services. Investment income, such as dividends and interest, is not counted as earned income.
- Household Income (HHI) — Acronym, Important,
- The total income of all members of a household.
- Housing Discrimination — Definition,
- The illegal practice of discriminating against buyers or renters of dwellings on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability.
- Ordinary Income — Definition,
- Income that does not qualify as a capital gain including wages, interest, dividends, and net income from a business.
- Unearned Income — Definition,
- Income such as interest, dividends, capital gains or rents, as opposed to earned income, such as wages, tips and salaries.