Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- purchase agreement
- agreement of sale
- Agreement of Sale
Definition of Sales Contract
- A written document in which a purchaser agrees to buy property under certain given conditions, and the seller agrees to sell under certain given conditions. Also known as an "Agreement of Sale."
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Contract For Deed (CFD) — Acronym,
- An agreement for sale of property in which the buyer takes possession while making payments, but the seller holds title until full payment is made. Also called a land contract.
- Agreement of Sale (AOS) — Acronym,
- A document in which a property's buyer and seller approve the price and other terms of the transfer of title.
- Conditional Sale (C/S) — Acronym,
- An agreement between the buyer and seller in where certain conditions must be met before the property sale can be finalized.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Title — Definition,
- Evidence of a person's right to possession ownership of a property.
- Housing Discrimination — Definition,
- The illegal practice of discriminating against buyers or renters of dwellings on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability.
- Sale Price — Definition,
- The price that is paid for an asset.
- Land Contract (LC) — Acronym,
- An agreement for sale of property in which the buyer takes possession while making payments, but the seller holds title until full payment is made.
- Statute of Frauds (SOF) — Acronym,
- A law which provides that certain contracts must be in writing to be enforceable at law. This includes real estate contracts.
- Contract to Purchase — Definition,
- A document in which a property's buyer and seller approve the price and other terms of the transfer of title. Also known as an agreement of sale, a purchase contract or a sale contract.
- Purchase Agreement — Definition,
- A written promise to pay a specific amount for a property at a specified time. The purchase agreement is a written statement of the offer, which both the borrower and the seller will sign if the offer is accepted.