- An article of movable personal property. Chattel is not widely used in the English language today.
mobile home, trailer home, movable possession
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Asset — Definition,
- Anything of monetary value that is owned by a person. Assets include real property, personal property, and enforceable claims against others including bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, and so on.
- Chattel Mortgage — Definition, Important,
- A loan backed by movable personal property. Generally mobile or trailer homes.
- Floater Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers assets not commonly covered by an existing policy such as electronics or jewelry.
- Loan — Definition,
- Letting another party use something of value temporarily.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Personal Property (PP) — Acronym,
- Property that is movable and not permanently attached to a dwelling or structure.
- Property Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages to property from a number of perils.
- Real Property — Definition,
- Permanent, non-movable property, such as land and buildings.