- A declaration by a government agency that a property is unfit for use.
- Legal process in which a government acquires private property for public use.
deprecated, judgement, denounce, find fault with, conviction, unfit, done for, disapprove
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Adverse Possession — Definition,
- A means of getting title to land by using it without the objection of the title holder.
- Annex — Definition,
- To add one thing onto another.
- Bundle of Rights — Definition,
- A set of legal rights that an owner has regarding a property.
- Easement — Definition,
- A means by which access or right of way is granted by law if an owner of a property is negligent in restricting access or enforcing trespassing laws for ten years or more.
- Giving persons other than the owner access to or over a property.
- Encroachment — Definition,
- An improvement, such as a fence, that illegally extends onto another property or impedes the neighbour's use of that property.
- Expropriation — Definition,
- The seizing of property to the government or other party for public use or economic development.