- A collective of financial reserves that are regarded by companies as liabilities.
tied-up, contingent reserves
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bank Reserves — Definition,
- Banks' holdings of deposits.
- Business (busn) — Abbreviation,
- A company, either for-profit or non-profit.
- Commercial, industrial or professional activities undertaken by an entity.
- Economic activities of a given type.
- Liabilities — Definition,
- A borrower's debts and legal obligations.
- Loss Reserve — Definition,
- A reserve of money and liquid assets set aside by an insurer for the payment of claims that have been submitted but have yet to be paid out.
- Reserve — Definition,
- Money retained for some future use.