- To combine two or more things into one single unit. For example, as it relates to finances, one may choose to consolidate their debts (credit card debt, car loan debt, mortgage debt, etc.) into one single debt, often at a much lower interest rate.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annex — Definition,
- To add one thing onto another.
- Debt Consolidation — Definition,
- The replacement of multiple loans with a single loan, often with a lower monthly payment and a longer repayment period. It's also called a consolidation loan. CanEquity has access to Canada's best debt consolidation products, for more info about debt consolidation see our debt consolidation page.
- Expropriation — Definition,
- The seizing of property to the government or other party for public use or economic development.
- Successive Periods — Definition,
- When multiple hospital stays are considered as one when the stays are a result of, or are related to, a single medical condition.