- A step in the negotiation process where a seller rejects a purchase offer from a buyer, but then submits another offer with different terms (such as price or closing date) for the buyer to consider.
bargain, deal, hammer down, bicker, haggle
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Backup Offer — Definition,
- A bid for a property that the owner will consider if the current transaction falls through.
- Bidding War — Definition,
- Multiple, competing offers for a piece of property or item that escalate the price. Usually results in a happy seller.
- Low Ball Offer — Definition,
- A way-below-market bid a buyer makes on a property or item.