Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- competitive sale
Definition of Bidding War
- A bidding war can occur when multiple buyers are interested in purchasing a single property. Competing offers will likely cause the price of the property to escalate resulting in larger profits for the seller.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Backup Offer — Definition,
- A bid for a property that the owner will consider if the current transaction falls through.
- Asking Price — Definition,
- The amount of money the seller requests for the property or item.
- Counteroffer — Definition,
- Rejection of a purchase offer by submission of another offer with different terms (such as price or closing date). A step in the negotiating process.
- Low Ball Offer — Definition,
- A way-below-market bid a buyer makes on a property or item.