- An antiquated term for a credit bureau.
database, Equifax, Transunion, record of credit scores
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Credit Bureau (CB) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Company that determines one's credit worthiness.
- A company that collects and sells information about how people handle credit. It issues credit reports that list how individuals manage their debts and make payments, how much untapped credit they have available and whether they have applied for any loans. The reports are made available to individuals and to creditors who profess to have a legitimate need for the information.
- Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) — Acronym,
- An organization that prepares reports that are used by lenders to determine a potential borrower's credit history. The agency obtains data for these reports from a credit repository as well as from other sources.