- The issuance of bonds or other forms of debt on the public markets.
debt security, loan certificate, issued certificates
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bond — Definition,
- A certificate of debt issued by a government or corporation guaranteeing payment of the original investment plus interest by a specified future date.
- Canada Savings Bond (CSB) — Acronym, Canada,
- A secure way for Canadians to save. The bonds, which are a form of debt issued by the Canadian government, are cashable, with proper identification, at any time at most Canadian financial institutions.
- Futures — Definition,
- Contracts to buy something in the future at a price agreed upon in advance. They first developed in the agriculture commodity markets but often involve foreign exchange, Eurodollar deposits and government bonds.