- An actual decline in the general level of prices in the economy.
decline, descent, fall, comedown
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Commerce — Definition,
- The systems and activities that impact business and trade within a nation and abroad.
- Depreciation — Definition,
- The gradual loss of value of a building or other property because of age or natural wear.
- Depression — Definition,
- A prolonged downturn in the economy and level of business activity.
- Macroeconomics — Definition,
- A study of the economy as a whole, particularly the interaction of its various components.
- Microeconomics — Definition,
- Looking at the individual parts of the economy, with emphasis given to the market process and how it works.
- Monetary Policy — Definition,
- The Bank of Canada's ability to influence the economy through changes in short-term interest rates and the money supply.