- The characteristics of human populations and population segments that influence the consumption of products and services. They include age, sex, race, family size, education level, occupation, income, and location of residence.
statistics, population, record, census
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bedroom Community — Definition,
- A suburb in which most residents commute to the city to work.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) — Acronym, Important,
- An index that measures movements in the average price of products and services typically consumed by Canadian families.
- Debit Bureau — Definition,
- A service used by banks that eventually tracks account opening and closing information, cheque order history, cheque writing history, any history of collection activity on unpaid accounts, frequency of debit and ATM card use and household demographics. Under the system, when a consumer gives a cheque to a participating retailer, the individual's account is identified by punching a code into a computer or swiping a card containing a magnetic strip or microchip through an electronic reader, which tells the retailer whether to accept or reject the transaction.