- The automatic deposit of funds, such as wages, benefits or tax refunds, to a person's bank account.
directly transfer funds, transfer into account
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Direct Debit (DD) — Acronym, Important,
- A means of authorizing recurring payments (e.g., mortgage payments, insurance premiums) to be drawn on an account.
- Direct Deposit Refund (DDR) — Acronym,
- Direct Fund Transfer — Definition,
- Similar to a direct deposit.
- Transaction — Definition,
- Action in a bank account. It may be a deposit, withdrawal, debit card payment, service charge or interest payment.