Direct Written Premiums
- The total amount of all premiums written by an insurance company in a set period of time, excluding those ceded to reinsurers.
total written premiums, written insurance premiums
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Premium Balances — Definition,
- A ledger kept by insurance companies recording insurance premiums.
- Premiums Written — Definition,
- A sum of the premiums from all the policies that a company has written in a given period of time.
- Reinsurance — Definition,
- The process of one insurance company sharing liabilities from an insurance policy with another insurance company in order to lessen exposure, or in other words, insurance for insurers.
- Reinsurance Ceded — Definition,
- The amount of insurance that is reinsured with another insurance company.
- Reinsurance Recoverables to Policyholder Surplus — Definition,
- A method used to determine how much an insurer relies on reinsurance.
- Reinsurer — Definition,
- An insurance company that provides coverage for a portion of another insurance company's risk.