Environmental Impact Statement
- A mandatory (required by government) evaluation or assessment that must be conducted prior to construction. The assessment details the possible effects that the development could have on the environment surrounding the site. Also known as an "environmental impact assessment."
outcome, effects, consequences, results, environmental impact assessment
Environmental Impact, Environmental Impact Assessment, commercial, fees
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Appraisal — Definition,
- An estimate of the market value of a piece of real estate made by a competent professional who knows local real estate prices and markets.
- Construction Loan — Definition,
- A short-term interim loan for financing the cost of construction. The lender makes payments to the builder at periodic intervals as the work progresses.
- Controlled Growth — Definition,
- A set of restrictions set by local government that governs the amount, type and density of new construction.
- Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (DSEIS) — Acronym,
- Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (EIS/EIR) — Acronym,
- Final Generic Environmental Impact Statement (FGEIS) — Acronym,
- Home Inspection — Definition,
- A thorough examination of a house's visible structural parts and systems, conducted before purchase.
- Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement (SEIS) — Acronym,