- A Federal Department that is responsible for Canada's economic performance and the regulation of financial institutions.
Ministère des Finances Canada, Department of Finance Canada
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bank of Canada (BC, BOC) — Company Est. 1935, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Important,
➥ Canada's central bank.
- Canada's central bank.
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) — Company Est. 1967, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Important,
➥ Government of Canada federal crown corporation.
- A crown corporation that provides deposit insurance against the loss of deposits made with member financial institutions.
- Canadian Payments Association (CPA) — Company, Canada,
- This association, which is composed of several financial institutions and the Bank of Canada, operates a national clearing system for financial institution payments.
- Central Bank — Definition,
- An institution that manages a nation's monetary policy.
- Deposit Insurance — Definition,
- The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation insures depositors' funds to a maximum of $60,000 per depositor, per institution, with some exceptions, in the event of the failure of a federal financial institution. Deposits in some provincial financial institutions are also covered.
- Specialized Financing Corporation — Definition,
- A term in the Bank Act referring to specialized business-management services such as making investments, negotiating mergers and acquisitions and many other services traditionally offered as merchant-banking services.