Specialized Financing Corporation
- A term in the Bank Act referring to specialized business-management services such as making investments, negotiating mergers and acquisitions and many other services traditionally offered as merchant-banking services.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bank — Definition,
- An institution that acts as a financial intermediary by receiving money from depositors and lenders and also lending to borrowers.
- Finance Canada — Company, Canada-wide,
- Federal department responsible for Canada's economic performance and regulation of financial institutions.
- International Banking — Definition,
- The operation of bank branches and subsidiaries located outside Canada. This area of banking also includes the supervision of correspondent banking relationships, foreign exchange trading, and trade finance.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Investment Canada Act (ICA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A Canadian law that gives the government power to deny foreign investments of "significant" size if they fail to provide a "net benefit to Canada."
- Retail Banking — Definition,
- Banking services offered to individual customers such as savings accounts, personal loans, cheque cashing, and RRSPs.