- A fee that is paid to a person who finds a financial backer, who brings people together for business reasons, or for services rendered.
reward, finder's fee, commission
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agent (agt) — Abbreviation,
- A person who acts on behalf of another. In real estate, an agent is a person who conducts transactions on behalf of sellers and sometimes buyers.
- Broker (Bkr) — Abbreviation,
- A person or firm who acts on behalf of another.
- Insurance Broker — Definition,
- An agent who sells insurance policies.
- Mortgage Broker (MB) — Acronym, Important,
- One who finds clients perspective lenders at generally no cost. Mortgage Brokers have a special relationship with lenders and can offer their clients the best rates and service. CanEquity goes through great lengths to ensure you are serviced by the best Mortgage Brokers in Canada.
- No-Load Annuity — Definition,
- An annuity that pays the salesperson no commission and has low fees and expenses. A no-load annuity is often sold by an insurer directly.
- No-Load Life Insurance — Definition,
- A type of life insurance policy that is sold without a commission for the selling agent.
- Real Estate Agent — Definition,
- A person who is licensed to represent a buyer or seller of land and the buildings and other improvements on it.
- Realtor — Definition,
- A real estate broker or an associate holding active membership in a real estate board.