- A real estate broker or an associate that holds an active membership in a real estate board.
real estate broker, real estate agent, realty agent
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agent (agt) — Abbreviation,
- A person who acts on behalf of another. In real estate, an agent is a person who conducts transactions on behalf of sellers and sometimes buyers.
- Backup Offer — Definition,
- A bid for a property that the owner will consider if the current transaction falls through.
- Broker (Bkr) — Abbreviation,
- A person or firm who acts on behalf of another.
- Buyer Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the buyer of a property in exchange for finding a seller and assisting in negotiation.
- Caravan — Definition,
- An outing in which a group of real-estate agents look at houses that have been listed for sale recently.
- Commission (comm) — Abbreviation,
- An agent's fee for negotiating a real estate or mortgage loan transaction, often expressed as a percentage of the selling price.
- A fee paid to a salesperson for selling a product to a customer.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Dual Agency — Definition,
- When a real-estate agent or broker represents both parties in a transaction.
- Dual Agent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who acts for both parties in a property sale.
- Exclusive Listing — Definition,
- A legal agreement giving one real-estate agent the right to sell a property for a specified period, but owners retain the right to sell their property themselves without paying the agent commission.
- Finder Fee — Definition,
- A fee paid by a party to another for services rendered.
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Can save the seller money by forgoing realtor fees.
- An arrangement by which a house's owner tries to sell the house without hiring a real-estate agent. Owners do this to avoid paying a commission.
- Real Estate (RE) — Acronym, Very Important,
- A section of land including all the natural resources (above and below the surface) and any permanent buildings or structures located on it. Also known as "realty."
- Real Estate Agent — Definition,
- A person who is licensed to represent a buyer or seller of land and the buildings and other improvements on it.
- Real Estate Attorney — Definition,
- A lawyer who specializes in the transfer of land and buildings and property tax issues.
- Seller Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the seller of a property in exchange for finding a buyer and assisting in negotiation.
- Subagent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, and is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.