- A real estate agent who represents both the buying and the selling parties in a property sale. A dual agent must treat both parties equally, cannot reveal confidential information, and cannot give confidential advice.
broker, work both sides, real estate agent, dual representative
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agent (agt) — Abbreviation,
- A person who acts on behalf of another. In real estate, an agent is a person who conducts transactions on behalf of sellers and sometimes buyers.
- Broker (Bkr) — Abbreviation,
- A person or firm who acts on behalf of another.
- Dual Agency — Definition,
- When a real-estate agent or broker represents both parties in a transaction.
- Realtor — Definition,
- A real estate broker or an associate holding active membership in a real estate board.
- Subagent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, and is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.