Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of Subagent
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, but is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Dual Agent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who acts for both parties in a property sale.
- Real Estate Agent — Definition,
- A person who is licensed to represent a buyer or seller of land and the buildings and other improvements on it.
- Real Estate Broker — Definition,
- An individual who is licensed to represent a buyer or a seller of real estate and collects commissions for the work. Most brokers have agents working for them and they collect a portion of those commissions in exchange for providing office space, marketing, and other overhead.
- Open Listing — Definition,
- A property that a number of brokers can market and sell for a commission.
- Seller Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the seller of a property in exchange for finding a buyer and assisting in negotiation.
- Agency (agcy) — Abbreviation,
- A relationship between two parties -- a client and an agent -- in which the agent represents the client in transactions with a third party.
- Buyer Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the buyer of a property in exchange for finding a seller and assisting in negotiation.
- Realtor — Definition,
- A real estate broker or an associate holding active membership in a real estate board.
- Cooperating Broker — Definition,
- A real-estate broker who finds a buyer for a property and initiates a negotiation and shares in a commission.
- Exclusive Listing — Definition,
- A legal agreement giving one real-estate agent the right to sell a property for a specified period, but owners retain the right to sell their property themselves without paying the agent commission.