- An individual who earns a commission (paid by the seller of a property) in exchange for finding a buyer and assisting in the negotiation for the real estate transaction.
real estate seller broker
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agency (agcy) — Abbreviation,
- A relationship between two parties -- a client and an agent -- in which the agent represents the client in transactions with a third party.
- Agent (agt) — Abbreviation,
- A person who acts on behalf of another. In real estate, an agent is a person who conducts transactions on behalf of sellers and sometimes buyers.
- Buyer Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the buyer of a property in exchange for finding a seller and assisting in negotiation.
- Commission (comm) — Abbreviation,
- A fee paid to a salesperson for selling a product to a customer.
- An agent's fee for negotiating a real estate or mortgage loan transaction, often expressed as a percentage of the selling price.
- Cooperating Broker — Definition,
- A real-estate broker who finds a buyer for a property and initiates a negotiation and shares in a commission.
- Mortgage Broker (MB) — Acronym, Important,
- One who finds clients perspective lenders at generally no cost. Mortgage Brokers have a special relationship with lenders and can offer their clients the best rates and service. CanEquity goes through great lengths to ensure you are serviced by the best Mortgage Brokers in Canada.
- Open Listing — Definition,
- A property that a number of brokers can market and sell for a commission.
- Real Estate Agent — Definition,
- A person who is licensed to represent a buyer or seller of land and the buildings and other improvements on it.
- Real Estate Broker — Definition,
- An individual who is licensed to represent a buyer or a seller of real estate and collects commissions for the work. Most brokers have agents working for them and they collect a portion of those commissions in exchange for providing office space, marketing, and other overhead.
- Realtor — Definition,
- A real estate broker or an associate holding active membership in a real estate board.
- Subagent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, and is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.