- A real-estate broker who finds a buyer for a property and initiates a negotiation for a share of the commission with another broker (usually with the "listor").
real estate agent, joint broker
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Agency (agcy) — Abbreviation,
- A relationship between two parties -- a client and an agent -- in which the agent represents the client in transactions with a third party.
- Broker (Bkr) — Abbreviation,
- A person or firm who acts on behalf of another.
- Exclusive Listing — Definition,
- A legal agreement giving one real-estate agent the right to sell a property for a specified period, but owners retain the right to sell their property themselves without paying the agent commission.
- Real Estate Broker — Definition,
- An individual who is licensed to represent a buyer or a seller of real estate and collects commissions for the work. Most brokers have agents working for them and they collect a portion of those commissions in exchange for providing office space, marketing, and other overhead.
- Seller Broker — Definition,
- One who earns a commission from the seller of a property in exchange for finding a buyer and assisting in negotiation.
- Subagent — Definition,
- A real estate agent who finds a buyer for a property, and is not the property's listing agent. The subagent usually earns a portion of the commission.