Gross National Product
- The value of all goods and services accruing to Canadians in a given year. It equals Gross Domestic Product, plus income of Canadians from foreign production, less income from Canadian production earned by non-residents (such as interest and dividends paid to foreign lenders).
standard of living
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Economic Growth — Definition,
- The rate of change in output from one year to the next.
- Exports — Definition,
- Products and services produced in Canada and sold in other countries.
- Foreign Investment — Definition,
- Investing money into a business in another country.
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP) — Acronym,
- The total value of all the goods and services produced by the Canadian economy in a single year.
- Inflation — Definition,
- A rise in the average level of prices in the economy.
- Investment Canada Act (ICA) — Acronym, Canada,
- A Canadian law that gives the government power to deny foreign investments of "significant" size if they fail to provide a "net benefit to Canada."