- The total sum of salaries, wages, profits, and any other forms of earnings received by an entity in a given time period
profit, fat stacks, yield, proceeds, gainings, earnings, revenue
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Debt-to-Income Ratio — Definition,
- The percentage of an individual's income that is used to repay debt.
- Earned Income — Definition,
- Money earned through wages, salaries, tips, net earnings (if self-employed), and any other income received for work or personal services. Investment income, such as dividends and interest, is not counted as earned income.
- Gross Debt Service (GDS) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Used by mortgage lender underwriters to determine one's ability to qualify for a mortgage loan.
- The total monthly mortgage (or rent) payments, property taxes, utilities and maintenance fees as a percentage of gross monthly income.
- Gross Overtime — Definition,
- Overtime pay before taxes that is averaged over two years can be considered monthly income, but it must be over the two years or it does not count.
- Loss — Definition,
- When expenses are larger than revenues.
- Other Income/Expenses — Definition,
- Any income or expenses earned or disbursed by a business that are not clearly associated to its core operations.
- Passive Income — Definition,
- Income coming in on a regular basis, with little or no maintenance.
- Personal Disposable Income — Definition,
- Personal income minus personal income tax payments. Also called "take-home pay."
- Recognized Gain or Loss — Definition,
- The amount of gain or loss reported for income tax purposes. You may be able to defer recognizing gain or loss on certain property exchanges, such as like-kind exchanges.
- Revenue — Definition,
- Money earned by a company from its business activities.
- Royalty Income — Definition,
- Payment for the use and exploitation of certain kinds of property, such as artistic or literary works, patents and mineral rights.