- Payments or money received for the use and exploitation of certain kinds of property, such as artistic or literary works, patents, and mineral rights.
reimbursement, drawings, compensation, share of a profit, slice, allowance
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Cash Flow — Definition,
- The money an investment produces after subtracting cash expenses from income.
- Franchise — Definition,
- The right to sell products or services under a corporate name or trade mark (established by someone else). This right is usually purchased for cash in addition to a royalty fee on, or a percentage of, all sales.
- Gross Income — Definition,
- Normal annual income including overtime that is regular or guaranteed. The income may be from more than one source. Salary is generally the principal source, but other income may qualify if it is significant and stable.
- Income — Definition,
- The money earned in a specific time period.
- Investment Income — Definition,
- Income that is earned from investments such as interest, dividends, and capital gains.
- Unearned Income — Definition,
- Income such as interest, dividends, capital gains or rents, as opposed to earned income, such as wages, tips and salaries.