Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
- Refers to the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. In the automobile industry, the MSRP is typically the selling price for a vehicle and its options.
suggested cost, ticketed price
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Base Price — Definition,
- The cost of a car without options. This price includes standard equipment and the manufacturer's warranty.
- Blue Book — Definition,
- Formally, it refers to the Kelley Blue Book, an industry guide dealers use to estimate wholesale and retail vehicle pricing.
- Sticker Price (RRP, MSRP) — Acronym,
- This shows the base price, the manufacturer's installed options with the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), the manufacturer's destination charge and the fuel economy (mileage). It is the Monroney label affixed to the car window and is required by federal law. The label may not be removed by anyone other than the purchaser.