Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- cost catalogue
- pricing guide
Definition of Blue Book
- This term refers to the Kelley Blue Book which is an industry guide used by dealers to estimate wholesale and retail vehicle prices. The books are issued by many organizations, and are commonly available on the Internet or in the reference sections of public libraries. It is important to note that the books are not always blue in colour.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Sticker Price (MSRP, RRP) — Acronym,
- This shows the base price, the manufacturer's installed options with the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), the manufacturer's destination charge and the fuel economy (mileage). It is the Monroney label affixed to the car window and is required by federal law. The label may not be removed by anyone other than the purchaser.
- Full Market Value — Definition,
- In reference to property taxes, usually refers to the tax rate applied to 100 percent of the property's value. Also full cash value.
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) — Acronym,
- Stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It represents the manufacturer's recommended selling price for a vehicle and each of its options.
- Fair Market Value (FMV) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The highest price that a buyer would pay for a property and the lowest price a seller is willing to accept.
- Depreciation — Definition,
- The gradual loss of value of a building or other property because of age or natural wear.
- Book Value — Definition,
- The value of a property, item or company as a capital asset based on its cost plus any additions, subtracting depreciation.
- A valuation method determined by taking the original cost of an asset and subtracting any depreciation, impairment or amortization costs.
- Resale Value — Definition,
- The sales price that would be negotiated by a willing seller and buyer for an existing home or property.
- Base Price — Definition,
- The cost of a car without options. This price includes standard equipment and the manufacturer's warranty.