Full Market Value
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- absolute market value
- full cash value
- full value
Definition of Full Market Value
- In reference to property taxes, refers to the tax rate that is applied to 100 percent of the property's value. Also known as full cash value.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Market Value (MV) — Acronym, Important,
- Also known as "Fair Market Value." The estimated value of a property which a seller could expect to receive under normal conditions.
- Intangible Property — Definition,
- Property that does not have value itself, but represents something else. Stocks, bonds and franchises are examples of intangible property. Business furniture and equipment are examples of tangible personal property.
- Intangible Asset — Definition,
- Non-physical resources or rights to other assets. Patents, goodwill, permits and computer programs are examples of intangible assets.
- Purchase Price — Definition,
- The total selling price of the home, including the cash down payment and the principal on the loan.
- Sales Tax — Definition,
- Federal and / or provincial taxes that are applied to purchases.
- Book Value — Definition,
- The value of a property, item or company as a capital asset based on its cost plus any additions, subtracting depreciation.
- A valuation method determined by taking the original cost of an asset and subtracting any depreciation, impairment or amortization costs.
- Valuation — Definition,
- The estimation of a property's price value through an appraisal.
- The process of finding the worth of an asset or business.
- Appraised Value — Definition,
- An educated opinion of how much a property is worth.
- Property Value — Definition,
- The worth of a piece of real estate, based on the price a buyer and seller would negotiate.
- Current Market Value (CMV) — Acronym,
- The estimated price determined by the recent sale of similar properties.
- Fair Market Value (FMV) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The highest price that a buyer would pay for a property and the lowest price a seller is willing to accept.
- Actual Cash Value (ACV) — Acronym,
- The amount of money that a broker or dealer has invested in the purchase and repair of a used vehicle.
- The replacement cost of an insured asset with depreciation accounted for.
- Blue Book — Definition,
- Formally, it refers to the Kelley Blue Book, an industry guide dealers use to estimate wholesale and retail vehicle pricing.
- Illiquid Asset — Definition,
- An asset that cannot be sold easily or in a timely manner for its full value.