Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- net cost
Definition of Book Value
- The value or monetary worth of a property, item, or company as a capital asset based on its cost plus any additions, subtracting depreciation.
- The current value of an asset based on the asset's original purchase cost less any applicable depreciation, impairment or amortization costs.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Appraised Value — Definition,
- An educated opinion of how much a property is worth.
- Full Market Value — Definition,
- In reference to property taxes, usually refers to the tax rate applied to 100 percent of the property's value. Also full cash value.
- Sticker Price (MSRP, RRP) — Acronym,
- This shows the base price, the manufacturer's installed options with the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), the manufacturer's destination charge and the fuel economy (mileage). It is the Monroney label affixed to the car window and is required by federal law. The label may not be removed by anyone other than the purchaser.
- Property Value — Definition,
- The worth of a piece of real estate, based on the price a buyer and seller would negotiate.
- Appreciation — Definition,
- An increase in the value of a property or item.
- Fair Market Value (FMV) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The highest price that a buyer would pay for a property and the lowest price a seller is willing to accept.
- Blue Book — Definition,
- Formally, it refers to the Kelley Blue Book, an industry guide dealers use to estimate wholesale and retail vehicle pricing.
- Extended Replacement Cost — Definition,
- A replacement cost for an asset that exceeds that of the actual cash value of the asset.
- Depreciation — Definition,
- The gradual loss of value of a building or other property because of age or natural wear.
- Assessed Value (ast, AV) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
- A municipal or provincial government's determination of a property's worth for tax purposes.
- Monetary Value — Definition,
- A property's monetary value is its worth if sold at this moment in time.
- Resale Value — Definition,
- The sales price that would be negotiated by a willing seller and buyer for an existing home or property.