- A homeowner who sells his or her property in order to purchase a more expensive home. The homeowner is basically upgrading.
buildup buyer, step-up, upgrade
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Starter Home — Definition,
- A dwelling that is relatively small and inexpensive and bought as a first home.
- Trading Up — Definition,
- Selling a house to buy a more-expensive house.
- Upgrades — Definition,
- Options that allow buyers of newly built houses to select higher-quality floor coverings, cabinets, windows and other amenities for more money.