- When one property is sold to buy a more expensive property.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Move-up Buyer — Definition,
- One who is selling a house to buy a more expensive house.
- Starter Home — Definition,
- A dwelling that is relatively small and inexpensive and bought as a first home.
- Trading Down — Definition,
- Selling a more-expensive house to buy a less-expensive dwelling.
- Upgrades — Definition,
- Options that allow buyers of newly built houses to select higher-quality floor coverings, cabinets, windows and other amenities for more money.