Original Principal Balance
Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- initial principal balance
Definition of Original Principal Balance
- The amount of money borrowed from a lender.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Amortized Loan — Definition,
- A loan that is completely paid off, interest and principal, by a series of regular payments that are equal or nearly equal.
- Down Payment — Definition,
- The portion of the purchase price a buyer pays, in cash, at the time the loan originates.
- Principal — Definition,
- The original balance of money lent on an outstanding loan and fees, excluding interest. Also the remaining balance of a loan, excluding interest.
- Loan — Definition,
- Letting another party use something of value temporarily.
- Remaining Balance — Definition,
- Unpaid principal on a loan.
- Principal and Interest (PI, P&I) — Acronym,
- Acronym for the elements of a mortgage payment: principal and interest.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Interest Rate (IR) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The rate a lender charges an individual to borrow money.