Personal Finance Manager
- Specialized computer programs that enable bank customers to work off-line and plan various personal finance activities. When customers are finished planning their transactions, they dial in and complete their transactions for real.
finance management program, finance software, home banking software
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Browser — Definition,
- A computer software program used for accessing and viewing Internet Web sites.
- Client-based Banking Software — Definition,
- Customers use money management software and their own computers to access the bank using a modem and a phone line.
- Credit Card (CC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A payment card that gives customers access to a revolving line of credit.
- A plastic card with a coded magnetic stripe that, when signed, entitles its bearer to a revolving line of credit, with a credit limit and interest rate determined by the borrower's income and credit report.
- Encryption — Definition,
- A method for ensuring the privacy and security of a consumer's personal finance information at a bank or financial institution Web site. Encryption is the process of scrambling data so that only the intended receiver can use it. To be effective, encryption needs to be used by both the sender and the receiver. Consumers should make sure it is being used when sending sensitive information. CanEquity uses a encrypted server for all of our online applications.
- Online Banking (OLB) — Acronym, Important,
- Access by personal computer or terminal to bank information, accounts and certain transactions via the financial institution's web site on the Internet. Also known as Internet banking.
- Online Bill Payment — Definition,
- A service offered by online banks, usually for a small monthly fee, that relieves consumers from having to write cheques and lick stamps to pay their monthly bills. Online bill payment systems allow people to enter the names of their creditors and the numbers of their utility accounts and pay virtually all routine bills.
- PC Banking — Definition,
- A service that allows a bank customer to obtain account information and perform certain bank transactions through a personal computer.