Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- Internet Exploder
Definition of Browser
- A computer software application used for accessing and viewing Internet Web sites. There are many different types of browsers available and five of the most common include Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Opera.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Online Bill Payment — Bank,
- A service offered by online banks, usually for a small monthly fee, that relieves consumers from having to write cheques and lick stamps to pay their monthly bills. Online bill payment systems allow people to enter the names of their creditors and the numbers of their utility accounts and pay virtually all routine bills.
- Encryption — Definition,
- A method for ensuring the privacy and security of a consumer's personal finance information at a bank or financial institution Web site. Encryption is the process of scrambling data so that only the intended receiver can use it. To be effective, encryption needs to be used by both the sender and the receiver. Consumers should make sure it is being used when sending sensitive information. CanEquity uses a encrypted server for all of our online applications.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) — Company Est. 1946, Geneva, Switzerland,
- An international organization created to promote standardization around the world.
- Twitter — Definition,
- A social network that limits messages to a length of 140 characters.
- Facebook — Definition,
- The world's most used social network launched in 2004.
- LinkedIn — Definition,
- A social network for professionals.
- Personal Finance Manager — Bank,
- Specialized computer programs that help customers carry out a variety of personal finance activities. These programs typically allow consumers to do much of their work off-line, then dial in to complete their bank transactions.
- FAQ — Definition,
- An acronym for "frequently asked questions."
- Online Banking (OLB) — Bank, Important,
- Access by personal computer or terminal to bank information, accounts and certain transactions via the financial institution's web site on the Internet. Also known as Internet banking.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — Acronym,
➥ Seen as 'https' in a web address (URL).
- A standard form of encryption used over the Internet for e-commerce and banking transactions.
- Glossary — Definition,
- An alphabetized list of terms and definitions.
- Client-based Banking Software — Bank,
- Customers use money management software and their own computers to access the bank using a modem and a phone line.