- A social network launched in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and fellow Harvard students. As of 2012, Facebook is the most used social network with over 950 million users.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Browser — Definition,
- A computer software program used for accessing and viewing Internet Web sites.
- Encryption — Definition,
- A method for ensuring the privacy and security of a consumer's personal finance information at a bank or financial institution Web site. Encryption is the process of scrambling data so that only the intended receiver can use it. To be effective, encryption needs to be used by both the sender and the receiver. Consumers should make sure it is being used when sending sensitive information. CanEquity uses a encrypted server for all of our online applications.
- LinkedIn — Definition,
- A social network for professionals.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — Acronym,
➥ Seen as 'https' in a web address (URL).
- A standard form of encryption used over the Internet for e-commerce and banking transactions.
- Twitter — Definition,
- A social network that limits messages to a length of 140 characters.