Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- common questions
- frequently asked questions
- common answers
- listed questions and answers
Definition of FAQ
- Short for frequently asked questions. The section of a Web site where the bank or financial institution posts answers to consumers' most commonly asked questions about the banking services.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) — Acronym,
➥ Seen as 'https' in a web address (URL).
- A standard form of encryption used over the Internet for e-commerce and banking transactions.
- Browser — Definition,
- A computer software program used for accessing and viewing Internet Web sites.
- Glossary — Definition,
- An alphabetized list of terms and definitions.
- Encryption — Definition,
- A method for ensuring the privacy and security of a consumer's personal finance information at a bank or financial institution Web site. Encryption is the process of scrambling data so that only the intended receiver can use it. To be effective, encryption needs to be used by both the sender and the receiver. Consumers should make sure it is being used when sending sensitive information. CanEquity uses a encrypted server for all of our online applications.