Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- Revenue Canada
- tax burden
- tax owed
Definition of Tax Liability
- The total amount of tax owed by an individual.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Assessments — Definition,
- Special and local taxes imposed upon property which benefits from an improvement that has been made in the vicinity.
- Notice of Assessment (NOA) — Bank, Canada, Important,
➥ Canada Revenue Agency's T451 tax form.
- A form the federal government issues when personal taxes are complete. A notice of assessment shows a breakdown of the given years income along with the balance owing or refund.
- Short Tax Year — Bank,
- A tax period less than 12 months long, resulting from a business start-up or the transition to a tax year ending on a different date.
- Non-refundable Credit — Bank,
- Tax credits reduce your tax liability dollar-for-dollar. Non-refundable credits can get your tax bill down to zero.
- Tax Credit (TC) — Bank, Important,
- Tax credits are used to reduce the amount of the tax owed. Tax credits are more valuable than deductions because they directly reduce the amount of tax owed, rather than reducing the amount of income that is taxed.
- Liabilities — Bank,
- A borrower's debts and legal obligations.
- Circuit Breaker — Definition,
- An electrical device used to turn power off and on in sectors of a building and to limit the flow of electricity through a circuit for safety purposes.
- A tax credit that reduces property taxes for the elderly and permanently disabled. The credit is dependent on the amount of income earned which means the more you make, the lower the credit.