- A legal claim made by an external party against the property or the right of another party to make demands upon the property owner.
imperfection, title fault
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Distress — Definition,
- The right of one party to sell real or personal property belonging to another party to pay unpaid or overdue debt.
- Distressed Property — Definition,
- Property that is in poor condition, or whose owner is in poor financial condition.
- Insurable Title — Definition,
- A title that can be insured.
- Lien — Definition,
- A legal hold or claim of a creditor on the property of another.
- Title Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers title defects and ownership challenges on a property.