- A form of insurance that provides coverage for tuition if a student is involuntarily required to leave school mid-semester. While it is most often used in conjunction with private elementary and secondary schools, tuition insurance is also available to cover individuals attending post-secondary schools.
college tuition insurance, lost fee coverage, school interruption insurance, school fee coverage, university insurance
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG) — Acronym, Canada,
- Program recently introduced by the federal government whereby it will invest, in the form of grants, along-side parents who save for their children's education through RESPs. The government will top up contributions made to an RESP by 20% up to a yearly maximum of $400 per beneficiary.
- Casualty Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses and liability from injuries to others and/or damage to the property of others.
- Infrastructure — Definition,
- Basic installations that a community needs, such as schools, roads, water and electrical lines, power plants and communications systems.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Needs Approach — Definition,
- A way of determining how much life insurance an individual should purchase by examining the future obligations and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Personal Lines — Definition,
- Property and/or casualty insurance policies of individuals or whole families.