- Laws passed that prohibit insurers from taking gender into consideration for certain (or all) forms of insurance.
non-discriminate act, mandate, federal legislation
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Common Law (CL) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Laws developed by judges through court decisions and precedent.
- Traditional, unwritten law based on English custom.
- Financial Responsibility Laws — Definition,
- A type of law that requires an entity to be capable of paying for damages in the event of a potential claim.
- Health Insurance (HI) — Acronym,
- Insurance that covers the costs of medical expenses for insured persons.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Tort Law — Definition,
- Civil law or the laws that govern civil lawsuits.