- Something that is void has no validity or effect under the law meaning it is null. For example, a contract can be rendered void.
null, empty, not valid
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Blank Cheque — Definition,
- A cheque that does not have a dollar amount written on it.
- Valid — Definition,
- Sufficient in law; effective.
- Void Cheque — Definition,
- A check with the word "VOID" written on the face that cannot be cashed.
- Voidable — Definition,
- Where one party to a contract is entitled to rescind the contract at his/her option.