- A type of insurance, usually included in a property insurance policy through an extended coverage endorsement, that provides coverage for damages resulting from windstorms.
tornado coverage, hurricane insurance, storm insurance, typhoon insurance
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Catastrophe Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses due to catastrophe hazards such as hurricanes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks.
- Fire Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that covers losses from fire damage to insured assets.
- Flood Insurance — Definition,
- An insurance policy that provides coverage for the damages resulting from flooding. Canadian homeowners are currently unable to purchase flood insurance.
- Hurricane Deductible — Definition,
- The payment a policyholder must make to their insurance company before receiving benefits after a hurricane.
- Property Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that provides coverage for damages to property from a number of perils.
- Winter Range Form — Definition,
- Insurance that covers damages to animals and livestock due to winter weather.
- Wool Growers Floater — Definition,
- Insurance that covers those who own, store, or transport sheep and wool.