Terms with Tag Bonds
- Bankers Blanket Bond (BBB) — Acronym,
- Bond — Bank,
- A certificate of debt issued by a government or corporation guaranteeing payment of the original investment plus interest by a specified future date.
- Bond Anticipation Note (BAN) — Acronym,
- Bond Ladder — Bank,
- A series of bonds with different maturity dates, often times evenly spaced over a set period of time.
- Canada Learning Bond (CLB) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ See also Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG).
- A grant offered by the Government of Canada to help parents, friends, and family members save early for the post-secondary education of children in modest-income families.
- Canada Mortgage Bonds (CMB) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
➥ Issued by the Canada Housing Trust (CHT).
- A fully guaranteed fixed interest rate income investment backed by CMHC (a crown corporation of the Government of Canada).
- Canada Premium Bond (CPB) — Acronym, Canada, ➥ A Canada Savings Bond program.
- Canada Savings Bond (CSB) — Bank, Canada,
- A secure way for Canadians to save. The bonds, which are a form of debt issued by the Canadian government, are cashable, with proper identification, at any time at most Canadian financial institutions.
- Canadian Bond Rating Service (CBRS) — Company Est. 1972, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, ➥ Bought by Standard and Poor's in 2000.
- Collateralized Bond Obligation (CBO) — Acronym,
- Commercial Blanket Bond — Bank,
- Insurance that covers losses to businesses due to different forms employee fraud, such as embezzlement and forgery.
- Completion Bond — Definition,
- Insurance purchased to make sure that an important project is completed, even if something unexpected happens, financial or otherwise.
- Dominion Bond Rating Service (DBRS) — Company Est. 1976, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Important,
➥ Largest bond rating agency in Canada.
- Canada’s national investment research agency offering credit ratings on issuers of commercial paper, bonds, long/short term debt, and preferred shares, as well as asset-backed securities.
- Fidelity Bond — Bank,
- Insurance that protects a business from losses due to employee fraud, such as theft, forgery or fraudulent trading.
- Foreign Currency Convertible Bond (FCCB) — Acronym,
- International Capital Market Association (ICMA) — Company, Switzerland,
- Lawn Gnome Fidelity Bond (LGFB) — Acronym, Middle Earth / Underground,
➥ The LGFB acronym is quite often incorrectly mislabelled as a Lost Gnome from Backyard and Looks Good From Behind.
- Insurance that covers losses due to the actions of dishonest lawn gnomes.
- Mortgage Revenue Bond (MRB) — Acronym,
- Mortgage-Backed Bond (MBB) — Acronym,
- North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) — Company Est. 1919, United States, ➥ State and provincial securities regulators.
- Ontario Savings Bond (OSB) — Acronym, Ontario, Canada,
- Real Return Bond (RRB) — Acronym,