- Affordable Housing Association of Nova Scotia (AHANS) — Company Est. 1990, Nova Scotia, Canada,
- Alberta Senior Citizens' Housing Association (ASCHA) — Company Est. 1967, Alberta, Canada,
- Assisted Rental Program (ARP) — Acronym,
- Canada Housing Trust (CHT) — Acronym, Canada,
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) — Bank Est. 1946, Canada-wide, Very Important,
- The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation: this is a Federally run institution that provides banks and lenders with mortgage insurance. Not to be confused with life or property insurance. In the event of default or foreclosure CMHC assumes responsibility of the property and reimburses the bank/lender the entire mortgage amount. This insurance is required generally when you have less than 25% equity or down payment. This insurance is paid by the property owner in advance but usually added to the mortgage amount. See also "G.E. Capital."
➥ Insures Canadian mortgage lenders.
- Canadian Centre for Housing Technology (CCHT) — Company Est. 1998, Ontario, Canada,
- Canadian Condominium Institute (CCI) — Company Est. 1982, Toronto, Ontario, Canada,
➥ A national Canadian non-profit organization dealing exclusively with condominium issues.
- Canadian Housing Information Centre (CHIC) — Acronym, Important,
➥ Offered through CMHC.
- Co-housing — Definition,
- Also called cooperative housing and community housing, is an arrangement in which dwelling units have access to a shared space with a large kitchen, dining hall, laundry and children's play areas.
- Common Interest Development (CID) — Acronym,
- A housing area in which owners belong to a homeowners association that owns and maintains common areas.
- Community Housing Managers of Manitoba (CHMM) — Acronym, Manitoba, Canada,
- Serves as a property management company for rural and native communities in Manitoba.
➥ Introduced by the Manitoba Metis Federation.
- Direct Action in Support of Community Homes (DASCH) — Company Est. 1974, Canada,
➥ A Winnipeg non-profit organization.
- Edmonton Housing Trust Fund (EHTF) — Acronym, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
- Edmonton Inner City Housing Society (EICHS) — Company, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada,
- Équipe de Réadaptation a Domicile (ERD) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ French acronym for Home Rehabilitation Team.
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) — Acronym, Canada,
➥ Represents the interests of municipalities on policy and program matters that fall within Canadian federal jurisdiction.
- Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Planners (FCIP) — Acronym, Canada,
- Housing Discrimination — Definition,
- The illegal practice of discriminating against buyers or renters of dwellings on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, family status or disability.
- Housing-equity Partnership — Bank,
- An arrangement in which one buyer lives in a home and the other has an ownership stake as an investment. The partners split the capital gain after the property is sold.
- Insurance Research Lab for Better Homes (IRLBH) — Acronym, Ontario, Canada,
- Living Learning Community (LLC) — Acronym,
- A living learning community (LLC) is a community in residence where students share a common theme or academic interest.
- Local Improvement Districts (LID) — Acronym,
- Low Cost Housing (LCH) — Acronym,
- Manufactured Housing — Definition,
- Factory-built home that can be placed temporarily or permanently upon land. Styles vary from modest trailers to dwellings that look like site-built houses.
- Master Planned Community (MPC) — Acronym,
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) — Company, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada,
➥ Attends to housing needs, protection of tenants, and encourages private sector building in Ontario.
- Mixed-income Housing — Bank,
- A neighbourhood whose residents earn widely varying wages and salaries.
- Montreal Community Loan Association (MCLA) — Company, Montreal, Quebec, Canada,
- National Housing Act (NHA) — Acronym, Canada, Important,
- An Act that consolidates all housing legislation and gives the Canadian federal government a leading role in housing programs.
➥ Canadian law relating to housing standards and building guidelines.
- North End Housing Project (NEHP) — Acronym, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada,