Abstract of Judgement
- When a judgement is made in a lawsuit, a court document is drafted that states how much the person who lost the lawsuit owes. This document can create a lien or a claim on property when it is filed with the country recorder where the property is owned.
- An "abstract" is a summary or statement of the contents within a document.
summary, statement, claim, legal document
Abstract of Judgment
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Claim — Definition,
- A creditor's assertion of a right to payment from a debtor or the debtor's property.
- Defendant — Definition,
- The accused party in a lawsuit or criminal trial.
- Insurance Attorney — Definition,
- An attorney who works with insurance law.
- Judgement — Definition,
- A determination by a court of law or a judicial decision.
- Legal Description (lgdc) — Abbreviation,
- A way of identifying a piece of property in writing that is acceptable to a court.
- Lien — Definition,
- A legal hold or claim of a creditor on the property of another.
- Plaintiff — Definition,
- The party who initiates a lawsuit.
- Settlement — Definition,
- An agreement between the parties of a legal case.
- Settlement Statement — Definition,
- A document that details who has paid how much to whom.